Through The Private Trust Company, N.A., a wholly owned subsidiary of LPL Holdings, we have the ability to deliver fully integrated administrative trust services to you in a seamless manner,
while maintaining your relationship with your trusted estate planning attorney, your tax advisor, and us as your investment advisor.
The Private Trust Company role is to support everyone, not to replace anyone. The drafting of your trust document will be done by your estate planning attorney. LPL Financial, through, is available to administer your trust, once it’s properly drafted. PTC specializes solely in providing administrative fiduciary services and currently serves in a fiduciary capacity for over $60 billion in assets.
Administrative Services are offered for the following types of accounts:
- Revocable or Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Life Insurance Trusts
- Private Foundations
- Family Office Group
While individual state law can govern the construction and validity of the trust, The Private Trust Company administers most trusts under Ohio law due to its consistent, fair and flexible legal and tax environment.
The Benefits of Ohio Law Include:
- Uniform Prudent Investor Act providing flexible and modern investment rules, which, among other positive aspects, allow the ability to delegate investment management responsibility to the client’s financial advisor
- Use of Total Return Trusts, which may be more favorable to both current and future beneficiaries
- Trusts can continue for as long as desirable since Ohio law allows for opting out of the Rule Against Perpetuities
- Attractive statutory environment for those setting up trusts
- Settled law protecting beneficiaries of trusts
- Clear standards for trustees, promoting consistent administration
- The ability to utilize a family member as a “Trust Advisor” or “Trust Consultant.”
- Beneficial trust income tax treatment in most cases